"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."
~ Joseph Campbell ~

"God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night, the brighter they shine."
~ David Nicholas ~

"It’s often in the dark of night where light is most breathtakingly magnificent. Jesus, thank You for being the light..."
~ Lysa TerKeurst ~

"Just as each snowflake is unique, so is every child."
~ Carol Andews ~

Welcome to Holland This will give the background as to why I call this blog, Holland.

Friday, May 15, 2015

Sunset



This is tonight's sunset from my driveway. All of the clouds and we are supposed to get more rain. I got more pics than just this one tonight. About ten minutes earlier I was out getting a few and it was sprinkling rain. I asked God for a rainbow to see. I turned around and saw a really faint one. I then asked if He could make it more brilliant so I knew my camera would get it. I felt in my heart to get what pics I could and just to wait. So I did.

When I got back inside, I did an auto correct on my photo software and got this pic. Original first.




See the difference? (Besides the computer being stubborn about centering the pics....)

The lesson I got out of this first of all is to trust beyond what I can see.... So hard.... The other thought I had is the lens we see with vs the lens the camera sees with. What am I saying? How does the world view our special gems versus how we and our close ones view our children? The world too often doesn't see beyond the face, an ability or lack of, the wheelchair, etc. Yet we are the first ones to see beyond that. Bias? Perhaps it is. However the way I see it, we have to find the beauty in the storms in life, in our children, in others before those around us will. We have to find the beauty in the sunset as night sets in. Even in the night we can find beauty, if we are looking for it.

Just something to think on.

~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment