"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."
~ Joseph Campbell ~

"God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night, the brighter they shine."
~ David Nicholas ~

"It’s often in the dark of night where light is most breathtakingly magnificent. Jesus, thank You for being the light..."
~ Lysa TerKeurst ~

"Just as each snowflake is unique, so is every child."
~ Carol Andews ~

Welcome to Holland This will give the background as to why I call this blog, Holland.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Momma




Momma
by: Carol Andrews
6/2/15

Momma, you don't know you are pregnant with me yet. You will very soon though. I just want you to know that no matter what, God made me and knows my story already. God knew who my parents would be and knew that you and daddy would be strong enough for everything that I would need.

Momma, you should know that the world is going to consider me special needs. I won't be born looking or acting like most others will. There will be trials and issues that I will face that many won't. So few will understand but those that do you will learn to cherish.

Momma, you will have many battles to face to get the care and treatment I need to thrive. God knew all of this before I was created. The love you and daddy share has to stay strong so you two can fight together for me.

Momma, I already know you love me even though you don't know what I am facing yet. God knows though. He wouldn't have given me to you if He didn't already know you could do it.

Momma, today is my birth day. I am being born today. I sense your excitement and nervousness. As I am born, I see your face for the first time as you see mine. I see your tears of joy.

Momma, I know the doctor talked to you today. I see your tears. Please don't cry because of my diagnosis, cry tears of joy because I am your special gem. Don't cry because I will show the world what I can do. Stand proud momma.

Momma, I know the world sent you to Holland instead if Italy but in Holland, there are so many joys to be found. There will be hard days but days of joy too. Don't take what people say about me or you too hard. Most don't understand.

Momma, watch me prove to the world that I shine just like everyone else, only my light that I shine is a little different but it is such a pretty color that stands out. I have a heart of gold.

Momma, so many say that I won't do this or that but watch me. I may not do it like everyone else says I should but watch me. I will stand tall and shine. Will you stand there with me with your heart beaming with pride? Will you cry happy tears instead of tears of sadness?

Momma, don't mourn because I wasn't normal. Mourn for those who refuse to understand and pray for them. Yet momma, focus on those who stand with us. Feel joy for the times where you know you aren't fighting alone.

Momma, there will be seasons where you feel alone and misunderstood. There will be seasons of pain and sadness. There will be seasons of joy and excitement too.

Momma, just remember those seasons over the years will make you stronger and grow more in your faith. Through you momma, I will see what we can do.

Momma, with God, nothing is impossible. I will prove that.

Love, your son/daughter


No comments:

Post a Comment