"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."
~ Joseph Campbell ~

"God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night, the brighter they shine."
~ David Nicholas ~

"It’s often in the dark of night where light is most breathtakingly magnificent. Jesus, thank You for being the light..."
~ Lysa TerKeurst ~

"Just as each snowflake is unique, so is every child."
~ Carol Andews ~

Welcome to Holland This will give the background as to why I call this blog, Holland.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas

I'm on my Kindle so please forgive typos. 

From where I am, it's one hour till Christmas morning. Many homes around the country will be opening presents in a matter of hours. And yet many others won't. Yet as I sit here in the dark as my family sleeps, I go back to this last year. My son arrived, bought a home, replaced my husband's car, learned of our second round with this journey. 

Yet Holland for us won't be the same as before. Similar yes but not the same. Two children to ride this journey as they both will have stories to tell. My daughter already does and yet her journey continues. 

Last night while we visited my father-in-law, she had a migraine hit. After a while, we had to hold her hair back as she puked then soon after was cold for a while. Yet through this, she prevailed and she knew that her grandpa understood where she has been. 

Sometimes I really do ask "Why my children? Why choose me to raise them?" 

Yet no matter what, I have learned that we are blessed and I know that at least our seven, nearly eight year old daughter sees it. My son is too young yet. As Christmas arrives tomorrow, I will not just be giving gifts but I will remember I already have mine, no matter what happens. 

Merry Christmas from my family to yours. Jesus is the reason for the season! 

~Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment