"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."
~ Joseph Campbell ~

"God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night, the brighter they shine."
~ David Nicholas ~

"It’s often in the dark of night where light is most breathtakingly magnificent. Jesus, thank You for being the light..."
~ Lysa TerKeurst ~

"Just as each snowflake is unique, so is every child."
~ Carol Andews ~

Welcome to Holland This will give the background as to why I call this blog, Holland.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Waiting for Superman

Ever heard of that documentary? It's about the public school system and how it fails so many kids. I don't mean grades, I mean as people.

Yet how many of us are waiting for our Superman? Who is he? God? Your spouse, future spouse? What you envision as your "prince charming" mentality?

Yet how many times do we rely on other humans to 'save us'?

We have closed on our house a week ago. Water heater was replaced a day later. Murphy has been going since. Other expenses have come up, still to one car and now the windshield on it has a crack in it. We also have Christmas just around the corner.

I also recently had a dream that both of my children needed two different brain surgeries at the same time. My son is due for his first craniofacial one around May or June. Both children have MRI's and other appointments in March. My daughter has been sleeping more recently. Not a huge change but some. Prior to the last surgery, pretty much all she did at home after school was sleep. I'm not worried yet but my eyes are opened a little more to watching. Right now I could use a Superman.

Ever see pics of a mountain top or sky scraper and see below where the fog covers most everything below it?




This is a pic of the Dallas skyline, or what you can see of it from Mike Alvstad. Now, looking at that, can you see everything below? Can you see streets, cars, shorter buildings? No.


Now, here is the skyline at night from the Ronald McDonald House we have stayed at often...





Even here we see more skyline but not details. We get enough in life to see clues and hints as to where to go but that's about it. Like me, I'm sure what you want is details like this:


Life doesn't give us that though...... I do know this though, we all see the same moon at night. This pic was also taken at the Ronald McDonald House in Dallas.





What I have to remind myself, is even though sometimes I wish Superman (God) would save me from every trial in life, this is the same God that created everything we see. Every night that I look at the sky, I remember that no matter how dark it is, the easier it is to see light that does shine through. Even in the darkness, beauty can be found within. One of the reasons why I love the background on here. I love seeing pics of the moon at night.

The last pic I shared, the one of the moon was during our longest stay in Dallas thus far. We were there for about a month. The headaches in my daughter had been going on for about two months and we were due there anyway for checkups. In that time, we got admitted for four days of ICP testing. Then the 10 days till the follow up appointment. It was honestly less expensive to just stay then to come home and go back days later. We had several tests of faith in that time. Yet God as always prevailed.

As I sit here wrapping up this post, I am thinking to past trips, future trips and knowing that my infant son will face the same journey as my seven year old. Yet he won't. Yet then what will his journey teach him? Will it teach him to embrace the opportunities to meet other families, touch other lives and prevail despite the weight of the journey? That is what I pray for the most. That he, like my daughter will prevail. They both will take their journeys no matter the diagnoses that will likely add up over the years and prevail.

In the comics, Superman always prevailed, He was Superman after all.


 

We live by faith, not by sight. With God ALL things are possible!




Love,
~ Special Momma ~




No comments:

Post a Comment