"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."
~ Joseph Campbell ~

"God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night, the brighter they shine."
~ David Nicholas ~

"It’s often in the dark of night where light is most breathtakingly magnificent. Jesus, thank You for being the light..."
~ Lysa TerKeurst ~

"Just as each snowflake is unique, so is every child."
~ Carol Andews ~

Welcome to Holland This will give the background as to why I call this blog, Holland.

Monday, February 2, 2015

In shock....

My post tonight was going to be about something totally different then I read some news this evening that I'm going to touch on instead. I'll save the other post for later.

One of the surgeon's we knew at Arkansas Children's died today. I am not sure what happened but she knew both of my children and had we not had the team in Dallas already, she would have been the craniofacial surgeon for both of my children. She and another lady at Arkansas Children's helped to create Camp Laughter hosted at Camp Aldersgate back in 2013. It is for children and their families who deal with craniofacial abnormalities.

I just ask that you pray for her family during this time. This next summer would be the third Camp Laughter and we plan on going as we did the first two. It won't be the same without Dr. H but I know she would have wanted it to continue.

When we deal with many doctors, clinics, hospitals, etc it all starts to blend together. Camp Laughter was the one place that we could regularly afford to pull off that my daughter loved going to. It was a huge blessing to go to it the last two years. Especially since we couldn't do the Children's Craniofacial Association retreats since 2011. It's like everything and everyone in intertwined like a jigsaw puzzle. All together in the journey, it creates one picture but when a piece is missing, you can clearly tell it is. When tragedy happens, you quickly learn who all was touched by that one person. Sometimes even more so in the special needs community.....

Even though Dr. H met my children and gave medical advice to us, I knew that if we had ever lost the team we have had for years in Dallas, we would have seen her for the children. I know she genuinely loved what she did and loved her patients. I feel also for the families now displaced having to find a new surgeon. I know their hearts are broken too and they are worried now about getting their children treated.

All of this to say is to please pray for the family of Dr. H along with her friends, colleagues and patients. I hope to find out when the memorial service will be as I hope to be there to pay my respects. I truly believe many more families will be doing the same. Camp Laughter nor will the neuroscience clinic will be the same yet I hope Camp Laughter continues as well.

May you rest in peace Dr. H!





~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment